In Key Stage 1, pupils should be taught:
- to use a range of materials creatively
- to design and make products
- to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share
- their ideas, experiences and imagination
- to develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
- about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.